Customer ProfileTutor Doctor’s international network of franchises has helped over 200,000 people in 15 different countries achieve greater academic performance by providing tailored in-home tutoring services. A team of 17,000 tutors employ a comprehensive and collaborative approach in identifying students’ needs in order to deliver the right learning strategies and maximize academic improvement opportunities; resulting in a 95% customer satisfaction rate.
ChallengeTutor Doctor’s rate of success in achieving greater academic performance for its students is highly dependent on the back end processes that guide screening and matching of tutors and their students. This is an area that Tutor Doctor Vaughan (Ontario) was seeking to improve upon by automating and streamlining these processes.
- Automate interactions with students and tutors in order to ensure streamlined communication
- Streamline tutor recruitment process
- Streamline employee workflow
- Optimize data capturing to complement existing information within Tutor Doctor’s in-house database
- Generate comprehensive reporting
- Integration with third party applications
The Solution: A custom system developed on the Zoho CRM, Zoho Creator and Zoho Recruit platformsUpon analyzing the various systems available on the market and weighing the pros and cons of each particular solution, a decision was made to deploy a system based on the Zoho CRM, Creator and Recruit systems. Factors such as cost and flexibility were taken into account when deciding to move forward with Zoho systems, and the friendly user interface as well as the ease of integration with other business systems also helped cement the decision. The CRM Expert was responsible for integrating the Zoho Systems into the business and ensuring a tailor made fit that streamlined processes and improved customer communications. A dedicated team of programmers and business analysts developed a robust system that delivers tangible results:
- An efficient process for contracting tutors that drastically reduced the time spent by employees on recruitment tasks (Developed on the Zoho Recruit platform)
- A custom made application that automates the matching process between tutors and students (Developed on the Zoho Creator Platform)
- An automated communications process that enables seamless communication with tutors and students while ensuring relevant and accurate information is delivered to these stakeholder groups (Developed on the Zoho CRM platform)
The successful implementation of the custom-tailored version of the Zoho systems for Tutor Doctor Vaughan prompted the franchisor to deploy similar implementations to additional Tutor Doctor Franchises.
BenefitsTutor Doctor benefitted from the implementation of Zoho CRM in a number of areas:
- The average amount of time spent on each sale was reduced, thus increasing the number of sales and decreasing the number of missed opportunities
- Decision making was improved as a result of additional data being captured within Tutor Doctor’s database, as well as better reporting on key metrics
- Additional staff hires were avoided due to the optimized employee workflow
- Customer satisfaction increased as a result of the improved student – tutor matching process Operational costs were reduced